These easy sweet potato sliders offer tons of tang and texture with little work! Serve these sliders as an appetizer, snack or dessert and feel good knowing they're bursting with vitamins A and C and loads of dietary fiber.
For more paleo recipes, visit www.alimmcgowan.com.
• 2 sweet potatoes, sliced into ¾ - 1” rounds
• ½ red onion
• ½ cup hazelnuts (or any nut of your choice)
• 1/3 cup cranberries, dried
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
• 2 tablespoon fresh basil (about 4-5 large leaves)
• salt and pepper to taste
Serves 5-7 as an appetizer.
5 minutes. Total time: 25 minutes.
• Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Place the sweet potato rounds on a parchment or aluminum foil lined baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and roast for 8-9 minutes per side, until slightly tender.
• While the sweet potatoes are roasting, pulse the onion, hazelnut, cranberries and olive oil in a food processor until roughly chopped. Add the lime juice, fresh basil, salt and pepper, and pulse to combine.
• Top each sweet potato round with about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
• Let cool and enjoy either warm or chilled!
• Optional: sprinkle with cinnamon and a drizzle of honey to serve as a dessert.